Sink Tap

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi

I have the tap on a sink in a toilet but the water flow has really slowed to nearly no flow at all.

I have taken the cartridge out and its seems fine but the water trickles from the tap.

Can the tap be the problem or could it be the pipes? I have copper pipes hot/cold running down wall with flexi tail pipes into the tap.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20211001_181116.jpg
    20211001_181116.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 66
Sponsored Links
Twisted/kinked flexi tail seems a likely culprit, or have you turned any isolation valves off recently on the same feed?

Just took the tile off over boarded area where I have isolating valves and low & behold unscrewed the flexi pipe to reveal white stuff clogging the hole.

Cleaned the flexi pipe refitted the washers screwed together again and bingo tap running like a tap.

What could the white stuff be any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Hard water area - Fit scale reducer. What’s your cylinder thermostat set to (if you have one)?

Hard water area - Fit scale reducer. What’s your cylinder thermostat set to (if you have one)?

Not sure what thermostat is at but I have renovated other bathrooms before this one in the house and have no problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back