Sink waste connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new sink with an overflow that is integrated into the bowl. How would one connect the drain and waste pipe while maintaining a water tight seal?

Cheers,
Sam.[/img]

Sponsored Links
Ah, ok, so I need to drill into the waste thread to let the water in and screw the whole lot together with a plumbers mate.

Sponsored Links
The basin would normally be fitted with a 'pre-drilled' slotted waste, rather than a plain one, but yes, that's the essence.

If you use a 'Basin Mate' washer, that will compress into the threads to seal it instead of using sealant, which can squeeze out and get everywhere when you assemble it.

In my experience some of the silicon sealants are slippery enough to let a plain rubber washer pop out of the joint when you tighten the backnut.

Maybe a trip to the plumbers' merchant to swap your unslotted waste and get a 'Basin Mate' washer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back