Sinking water pipes into the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

We are in the process of planning our new bathroom. We live in a Victorian house built in 1894. In the current bathroom the pipes are not sunk into the walls and visibly run along above the skirting board and then up the wall to the shower.

Is there any reason why these cannot be sunk into the wall? If not, is there anything I would need to bear in mind to do it? Also, when they have been sunk, how do I fill the channel? Do I just plaster over it?

Thanks in advance

Lewis

Sponsored Links
run along above the skirting board and then up the wall to the shower.

Is there any reason why these cannot be sunk into the wall? If not, is there anything I would need to bear in mind to do it? Also, when they have been sunk, how do I fill the channel? Do I just plaster over it?

The plaster will almost certainly crack.

If the pipes are at skirting level, why not put them under the flloor?

The bathroom in question is on the ground floor, so I think it would just be solid concrete.

1. Again, as countless posters have been requested, perhaps you will post pics? It helps no end for us to give you a coherent answer.
2. You "think" that your bathroom floor is solid? Which is it - solid or suspended?
3. What kind of shower do you have?
4. If possible, you want your pipework to be invisible but accessible - the plumbers wet dream!

Sponsored Links
I will take some pictures tonight and post them.

The bathroom is being replaced so it will be a brand new shower.

The floor is definitely solid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back