Sir Patrick Vallance or John the Plumber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely you are arguing the wrong way round.

If 'they' (and you) are now saying fewer (25%) are asymptomatic then there must be far more of your lost people somewhere.
Exactly, I was being generous and accepting the 80% as factual. Clearly it isn't anymore, but I was still being generous.
You reckon that about 80% of Covid infected people are asymptomatic? Which incidentally has been seriously decreased to about 15% I think.
But adopting your figures, there would be 20% symptomatic, yes?

Sponsored Links
My x bussiness partner he retired a good while back he is 73

Has been in hospital for 3 weeks now on oxygen

they have gradually lowered the amount he needs

but afaik as and when he is discharged he may need oxygen at home ????
If the doctors say he needs it, then I'd go with them. It might be that his lung function is a bit hammered, in which case he might need supplemental oxygen until/unless he recovers it.

To be absolutely certain; what is the definition of a covid "case"?

Is it one who has tested positive - whether symptomatic or not?

:rolleyes::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
How do you work that one, Einstein? Remember that The UK has the worst Covid 'stats' if they are to be believed, and hospitals have all but stopped treating certain, non-Covid conditions. The economy is on the critical list too. But it's my fault.

You've lost it. :ROFLMAO:
The more you go out and spread it...The less time doctors have to treat others...Fewer covid = more time to treat others..Elective treatment has to take second place to wards full of suddenly v ill people with Covid....I cannot make it any simpler for you..same with economy..The more you fuk around the longer we stay in the worse the economy...SIMPLES :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Ok.

From Worldometer today:
upload_2021-1-24_19-47-57.png

Now that the UK has restarted entering the recovered number, we can see that the numbers add up and tally.
3,617,459 Total cases - between 20% and 80% asymptomatic.
_,_97,329 Deaths
1,616,307 Recovered
1,903,823 Active cases

There have been 67 million tests but we cannot deduce what proportion of the population has been tested.
From the BBC yesterday there were 36,562 in hospital - ~10% of the total cases - so 1,867,261 are active cases but not in hospital; what does that mean?

Therefore, we cannot tell from the total cases how many have been ill, nor how many were asymptomatic and never ill or asymptomatic but ill soon after.
As the recovered number is approaching half the total number, does that mean some have 'recovered' without ever being ill or they have all been ill.

Of course, ~63,000,000 have not been tested positive.

What do all the numbers, including the positive tests and the deaths which likely are exaggerated, actually represent?

Ok.

From Worldometer today:
View attachment 220018

Now that the UK has restarted entering the recovered number, we can see that the numbers add up and tally.
3,617,459 Total cases - between 20% and 80% asymptomatic.
_,_97,329 Deaths
1,616,307 Recovered
1,903,823 Active cases

There have been 67 million tests but we cannot deduce what proportion of the population has been tested.
From the BBC yesterday there were 36,562 in hospital - ~10% of the total cases - so 1,867,261 are active cases but not in hospital; what does that mean?

Therefore, we cannot tell from the total cases how many have been ill, nor how many were asymptomatic and never ill or asymptomatic but ill soon after.
As the recovered number is approaching half the total number, does that mean some have 'recovered' without ever being ill or they have all been ill.

Of course, ~63,000,000 have not been tested positive.
Those numbers don't mean what you think they mean. Or they aren't accurate. I can't find the exact page you're looking at.

Antibody testing shows around 12.5% have had, and recovered from, Covid-19. That's around 8.4 million or so.

What do all the numbers, including the positive tests and the deaths which likely are exaggerated, actually represent?
It's hard to be polite when you stick this sort of sillyness at the end.

The more you go out and spread it..

What have I spread? Do you have proof?

.The more you fuk around the longer we stay in the worse the economy...SIMPLES :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::rolleyes:

Total garbage as usual from the head forum sheep. We can't control the lockdown, the government are controlling it. They've just brought in legislation to keep us in lockdown until July 17th. If lockdowns work, why do we need to stay in them for 6 months? How do they know that we need to stay in lockdown until then? It's because it's nothing to do with the numbers.

Suppose you were gullible enough to believe that we're only in lockdown to bring numbers down. Just a few weeks to flatten the curve. The vaccine will save us. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/750/regulation/19

But Sir Patrick probably hasn't seen all the hospitals with empty covid wards that you can see from the front reception. He probably hasn't even watched the videos of people walking around empty corridors at night. What does he really know!!?!?!?
</sarcasm>

Last edited:
Those numbers don't mean what you think they mean. Or they aren't accurate. I can't find the exact page you're looking at.
I think you said that before and I replied I think it is what (most) people look at.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Antibody testing shows around 12.5% have had, and recovered from, Covid-19. That's around 8.4 million or so.
That's why I first asked the definition of 'case'. Is that not a 'test' or 'case'?
If that is correct, how can there only have been 3.6 million cases?

It's hard to be polite when you stick this sort of sillyness at the end.
If you mean 'exaggerated' then it is undeniable that there are false positives (false negatives presumably are found to be positive later) and, of course the deaths are any death within sixty days of a positive test so might not all be accurate.

It's always best to remain polite - just in case.

Oh dear:
https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/18/bavaria-makes-ffp2-masks-mandatory-in-shops-and-public-transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back