Sir Patrick Vallance or John the Plumber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
The virus affects the lives of 66 million people.
The government is reacting to that

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying. The government reacts to the 'experts' guesswork forecasts, questionable statistics and sensationalist suppositions about mutations that might, maybe possibly be between 10 and 70% more transmissable.

Your attitude kills people.

How do you work that one, Einstein? Remember that The UK has the worst Covid 'stats' if they are to be believed, and hospitals have all but stopped treating certain, non-Covid conditions. The economy is on the critical list too. But it's my fault.

You've lost it. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
....... and hospitals have all but stopped treating certain, non-Covid conditions.

Even "better ", my aging F-I-L was admitted a couple of weeks ago. A lifelong asthmatic, he's been struggling with his breathing since November, and it worsened enough to be very concerning.

I won't go into personal details of his condition but, he was tested three times for the 'rona during his stay. All negative.

He's been home a week and feels a bit better, except for a high temperature.
And guess what? He's now tested positive for the' rona.

He and the M-I-L have not had any anybody around for months , nor left the house.
So, either all three of the hospital tests were duff, the last test is duff, or he caught the 'rona while in hospital.

None of which are good news.

Yet I’m supposedly childish but you choose to make a forum about me,grow up and get a life instead of spending your whole day on a forum. Pathetic.

Even "better ", my aging F-I-L was admitted a couple of weeks ago. A lifelong asthmatic, he's been struggling with his breathing since November, and it worsened enough to be very concerning.

I won't go into personal details of his condition but, he was tested three times for the 'rona during his stay. All negative.

He's been home a week and feels a bit better, except for a high temperature.
And guess what? He's now tested positive for the' rona.

He and the M-I-L have not had any anybody around for months , nor left the house.
So, either all three of the hospital tests were duff, the last test is duff, or he caught the 'rona while in hospital.

Similar with my mother. Hadn't been anywhere for months then went into hospital for hip op end of Oct after a fall. Few days later, tested positive for Corona. No symptoms at all, but kept in for few weeks on Covid ward because they thought it may be a risk to release her home following positive test with my 88 year old father at home.

Like your F I L, either test was wrong or caught it in hospital. So NHS is either a super-spreader or the test are worse than people say. Hope your FIL is on the mend.

Similar with my mother. Hadn't been anywhere for months then went into hospital for hip op end of Oct after a fall. Few days later, tested positive for Corona. No symptoms at all, but kept in for few weeks on Covid ward because they thought it may be a risk to release her home following positive test with my 88 year old father at home.

So, like your F I L, either test was wrong or caught it in hospital. So NHS is either a super-spreader or the test are worse than people say. Hope your FIL is on the mend.
It’s ok ,like these crackpots say. A disease that is strong enough to kill you can effect you with absolutely no symptoms lol:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
And the fastest vaccination development was the mumps vaccine which took 4 years but they can come up with a vaccine in less than a year,test to kill a killer virus ( a vaccine that good you have to have it twice) test it properly like laws stipulate and not only that,they then admit it doesn’t even stop you catching Covid. Then sell it and make billions of dollars ,because the buyers ( government are panicking there arse off)You couldn’t make it up

Hospital acquired infections are depressingly common, especially with something that spreads as easily as Covid-19, including from asymptomatic sufferers ( :whistle: ).

Technically he could have caught it earlier and not built up enough of a condition to be detected, but that's supposed to only take around 3 days and it sounds like he was in for a week. The main reason a PCR test fails is poor sampling, so you'd expect the hospital performed test to be accurate.

Hope he pulls through, Asthma is a significant risk factor I believe. :(

I'm glad you're back, john the plumber.
Going back to our discussion on these supposedly empty wards:
You reckon that about 80% of Covid infected people are asymptomatic? Which incidentally has been seriously decreased to about 15% I think.
But adopting your figures, there would be 20% symptomatic, yes?
20% of 99,000,000? Shall we call it 20,000,000 are symptomatic?
Where are these people? According to you they're not in the hospitals, so where are they? Hiding in some underground bunker somewhere?

Let's be generous and say 2,600,000 have died, so that'll leave about 17,400,000 (that's 20,000,000 - 2,600,000) infected symptomatic people. Where are they, if they're not in the hospitals? Are the governments hiding them somewhere?
We know there's about 40,000 in UK hospitals, where are the rest? There's another 17,360,000 to be accounted for some where around the world.

I tell you what, let's be really generous and recognise that about 56,000,000 have recovered.
So we have 99,000,000 cases - 56,000,000 recovered, assumed discharged from hospitals (that they were never in, in the first place according to you)
So we have 43,000,000 current cases.
20% of 43,000,000 current cases is about 9,000,000, a tad less. So where are these nearly 9,000,000 symptomatic cases if they're not in hospitals?

Use your superior logic and mathematical skill and explain where they are, if they're not in hospitals.

Surely you are arguing the wrong way round.

If 'they' (and you) are now saying fewer (25%) are asymptomatic then there must be far more of your lost people somewhere.

My x bussiness partner he retired a good while back he is 73

Has been in hospital for 3 weeks now on oxygen

they have gradually lowered the amount he needs

but afaik as and when he is discharged he may need oxygen at home ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back