Sit on mower advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im looking at buying a new sit on mower for jobs. I currently have a Lawnflite RC125 and it's just not man enough, belts wear quickly as does the blade.

Have a budget of about 2.5k normally cutting about 2 acres any advice welcome! Ive read John Deers are a bit overpriced for what they are, or maybe Kubota?

Sponsored Links
Out of those two I’d go for the Kubota.....great diesels with good parts back up.
John Deere have good parts back up too, and are the choice of many county councils but are rather overpriced in my opinion.
Do go for hydrostatic transmission though!
Avoid any kit that appears in auction, the chances are they are knackered.
You may consider a Kubota tractor with a Major grass topper? That can depend on the terrain you have.
John :)

I think the grass will have grown pretty tall if you wait to get a Kubota and topper for 2.5k unless your very lucky. Compact and sub compacts are going for silly money around here and the price of Kubota parts will make your eyes water.I still love em though:)

Last edited:
Fair comment but I did manage to secure a Kubota 32 series AWD tractor for £2300 and a Major 150 topper for £750 last year in a private sale.
Maybe speccy could consider the Husqvarna Rider series? Zero turn rear wheel steer, built to last and available with single or twin cylinder Briggs or Kawasaki engines....truly great machines.
John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back