SIT valve query for Baxi Solo 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The guy who services my boiler which is a Baxi Solo 2 wm 30/4 RS has asked me to ask if I can add the mesh filter, size of a 5p from the SIT valve of a later model, I think he said, as my boiler is oldish and doesn't have one.
Also can you buy these filters separately?

Sponsored Links
Pull the other one!!

If it has worked without one all this time. Why does he (You ;) ) think it needs one??

Genuine reason, National Grid/Balfour Beatty have been doing work at the end of our road and "blew the pipes" through which effected all our side of the road, basically knocked my boiler out, all pipes/injectors full of grit, they trying to say it's not their fault so i'm in contact with them at moment for payment for repair as they messed up. My engineer just wondering if a filter would prevent anything similar happening again.

In line filters with a 200 micron filter are availlable.
This can be fitted into the pipework supplying boiler.

Sponsored Links
why not just contact your gas supplier and DEMAND that they install one on your meter inlet? tell them that you will hold them liable for any damage caused by their failure to do so and they will do it free of charge

good point, they're doing a safety check on my appliances in a couple of weeks, i'll tell them. Although to be fair it wasn't my supplier (Npower), it was National Grid/Balfour Beatty. But I will tell them about it.

AFAIK there is a filter in the meter govenor, in fact they used to call them govenor filter units GFU'S

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back