Site Plans for PP - All online plans are out of date

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

As some of you may know, we've built an extension on the side of our house over the past few years.

I now want to put in PP for my detached garage, as I've definitely decided I want it <2m from the boundary (1.3m in fact) and it'll be 4m high, so PP it is!

The problem I have is that when you go onto OS or buy a plan, the site plans only show the original footprint of my house without the extension. Also the site plan shows a structure (old shed) where the new garage will be going.

Should I just use one of these plans and hand-sketch the extension onto it, and draw over the old shed? Or should I be photoshopping the original to make it look correct to as the site is now? Or am I overthinking it?

Cheers
Andy

Sponsored Links
FWIW When I got PP for our garden room I used the original site plan I had used a couple of years earlier when we built our garage and just photoshopped the garage in. I can't see why this should be a problem if it's accurate. AFAIUI the need is to submit a site plan, not to submit a site plan from a particular provider.

The site and block plans should be accurate, although for the planner's purposes they are mainly concerned with the site boundaries, land ownership/control, and location of adjacent buildings.

Draw the extension on, remove the old shed and draw the garage annoted with "new garage". Don't label the extension as that is existing, or that there was a previous shed.

My garage , on rear boundary , brick and block (4m to apex)required no PP.

Sponsored Links
The technical guidance states:

If any part of the building, container or enclosure is within 2 metres of the boundary of the
curtilage of the house, then the height limit for the total development is restricted to 2.5
metres if it is to be permitted development.

If you want a location plan and site plan and got dimensions of your current house i can do it for you for free. I normally download the dwg of the site area and then draw on any new structures if you have dims
obviously just pay for the cost of the DWG which is normally around £27 when i buy them. Or sometimes if you have a PDF version of the site and location plan from your previous planning application then i can convert that to autocad.

When I did mine, I drew my own on Sketchup. I only needed the OS map to show where the property is.

If you want a location plan and site plan and got dimensions of your current house i can do it for you for free. I normally download the dwg of the site area and then draw on any new structures if you have dims
obviously just pay for the cost of the DWG which is normally around £27 when i buy them. Or sometimes if you have a PDF version of the site and location plan from your previous planning application then i can convert that to autocad.
Hi there,

Thanks for the kind offer. Quite happy to pay for your work - will message you now.

Cheers
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back