Siting of remote toilet flush cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How high above the toilet may a (remote, pneumatically operated flush) cistern be located? In the loft above the toilet?. What size flush pipe is recommended?

Sponsored Links
No reason, theoretically at least, why it can't go in the loft. Just make sure the flush pipe (usually 1 1/2") is well secured into the back of the pan or the pressure will blow it out and you'll end up with a mess. Also make sure you insulate the cistern well or it'll freeze up and could damage components

You are governed by the length on the remote button, its up to you where you want it. 1.1/2" is a normal flush pipe.

Andy

Thanks to Andy and Muggles for your replies and advices.

So, as I understand it, so long as the flush actuator is long enough, the cistern is frost protected and the pipe is well affixed, a head of 8 feet is OK?

Alan

Sponsored Links
Yeah should be fine, may even improve performance. You can always buy extra pneumatic tubing if needed. Only thing you *may* find (and this has just occurred to me) is that a longer length of tubing might take up the compression generated by the button, I don't know this I'm just considering a possibility. Might be worth checking with the manufacturers or, if you already have the cistern, attaching the required amount of tubing before you do any fitting and check the operation

Yes, it had also occurred to me. I'll check a) before purchase and b) before installing.

Thanks

Alan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back