size of trowel notch for 330x100mm tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to buy some wall tiles 330mm x 100mm ceramic 8mm thick.

Looking at the trowel grove sizes for 300x300 tiles I used a 10mm square Notch trowel , can I use the same trowel for the wall

I read that 10mm notch = 10-12" tile

For example, 6mm notch = 6-8 inch tile, 8mm notch = 8-10 inch tile, 10mm notch = 10 -12 inch tile.

I will probably use the same adhesive as i used on the Floor tiles - porch , as i have some left over from a fortnight ago when I layed those tiles
Norcros Standard Setting Flexible Tile Adhesive Grey 20kg
don't want anything rapid, as I'm not quick with this stuff.
Also as with the porch, should I SBR the plaster work

ATSDiamond are getting back to me on a suitable blade , as the porcelain tiles chipped a lot with a continuous diamond blade

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
8mm towel run it tight, always primer the plaster stop it drying out uneven.

if your use a bench type cutter go continuous blade and lots of water , i use rubi or marcrist

thanks for the reply , good to know on the trowel , however, we went to pick the tiles up lastnight from homebase, had to go quite a distance to get the quantity in stock and she hated the look.
So looking again at tiles but at least i know now to prime and also i can go down 2mm if the tile is long but not as wide

What adhesive do you recommend , is Norcros OK for walls or is there a better choice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back