Sizing a central heating circulation pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Myson CP 63 circulation pump has failed after 11 years (reading posts elsewhere on this excellent site, I think I'm in for an award :) )
I have a Potterton Statesman 90/10 oil boiler, via a pressurised system, with 27 radiators around my bungalow (yes it it well insulated, but we do have a lot of glass)
TVCs on all radiators except two in hall by thermostat.

My question is should I replace the CP63 with a like for like pump or a larger one? I have two radiators that require bleeding every few months - one of which is cold unless the TVC is fully open.

I would very much appreciate the forums' thoughts and advice.

Sponsored Links
The pump size and the two rads you are having bother with are unlikely to be connected , yes to get that length of service from the Myson is good going , a direct replacement I would recommend a Grundfoss 15-60 much more reliable but before replacing make sure you check which direction the pump is pumping there is a small arrow showing the direction on the body of the pump and make sure the new one is installed in the same direction as it will fit either way round but wont necessarilly work correctly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back