Sizing pressure washer connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to replace the trigger/lance from my pressure washer and want to be sure I get the right size replacement.

The fitting on the exisitng trigger/lance is a male brass thread with outside dia ~12mm. Is this a standard BSP size? e.g. 3/8 BSP?

Sponsored Links
This isnt really a plumbing question as its a 'tool' you are talking about.
To try and answer your question. It could be any thread that the manufacturers decided to use when they designed it.

EDIT :- I said appliance and meant tool :oops:

Sponsored Links
Slugbabydotcom said:
This isnt really a plumbing question as its an 'appliance' you are talking about.
To try and answer your question. It could be any thread that the manufacturers decided to use when they designed it.

OK thanks. Can you suggest how I should go about identifying the actual type/size?

Observer said:
OK thanks. Can you suggest how I should go about identifying the actual type/size?

easy buy a new bit from the same maker.

you wouldnt go to a vauxhall dealer to buy a ford part would you?

they all look simlar but they are not

breezer said:
Observer said:

easy buy a new bit from the same maker.

you wouldnt go to a vauxhall dealer to buy a ford part would you?

they all look simlar but they are not

Yes - if it was that easy I think I would have worked it out for myself. Unfortunately, the pressure washer is not a currently recognised brand and I can't track down the manufacturer, except it was made in Italy. The washer works OK but there's a crack in the lance. I don't want to have to bin the whole thing if I can replace the broken bit. I was hoping that someone would be able to explain what I have to measure in order to identify the size of the fitting.

Observer, i put it to you that as your lance is split, it will be easier to throw it all away and buy a decent pressure washer.

I suggest that you have already spent a lot of time looking for a replacement and if you do find a new lance it will probly cost as much as the whole thing did

breezer said:
Observer, i put it to you that as your lance is split, it will be easier to throw it all away and buy a decent pressure washer.

I suggest that you have already spent a lot of time looking for a replacement and if you do find a new lance it will probly cost as much as the whole thing did

Found a lance on Ebay for <£30. New washer is £100+. Anyway, I hate throwing away something that's serviceable. We (society "we") waste too much as it is.

on the whole most people are helpful on this site, and by the chart you posted how can 3/8 be 12mm?

breezer said:
on the whole most people are helpful on this site, and by the chart you posted how can 3/8 be 12mm?

I don't know how these thread sizes work. The chart shows 3/8" BSP dimension F (outside dia of thread) as 12.17mm, which is what I measured on the broken lance (12mm). The internal dia is ~3/8" so perhaps that's where the size comes from.

PS

Sorry - read the chart wrong. It shows the external dia for 3/8 BSP as 16.6 (presumably 16.6mm). I think mine must be the ISO thread

i take it the thought has never occured to you to try a bunch of nuts, which ever fits perfetly is the size of the thread, but hey, you still ahve to find the part that fits, good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back