Skiing kit question - eyewear

Sponsored Links
I'm just pondering on where the wisdom for all this "advice" on what to wear for your next ski trip comes from when the source lives in a bedsit in Norf Lahndon???

I'm just pondering on where the wisdom for all this "advice" on what to wear for your next ski trip comes from when the source lives in a bedsit in Norf Lahndon???
What? You simplistically believe that everyone that goes skiing lives in the foothills of The Alps?

lol.

What? You simplistically believe that everyone that goes skiing lives in the foothills of The Alps?

lol.
I don't know where the part time winter residents of Val d’Isère usually live, but it ain't a bedsit in Norf Lahndon where they cooked their xmas dinner on a single ring camping gaz stove. innit guv? Know what I meeen???

Sponsored Links
They're always a good idea. And outoor ones.

Why pay £500 to fall down when you can do it for a tenner?
I haven't heard good things about the brush ski runs. In particular that they hurt more than snow, not great for a beginner.

a bedsit in Norf Lahndon where they cooked their xmas dinner on a single ring camping gaz stove. innit guv? Know what I meeen???

I can picture your home from the description you give.

Get him a proper skiing safety helmet. The straps will hold sunny's in place but goggles (with a helmet) are much better.
Not much better, no. But they do have advantages, but are limited. If they were 'much' better all skiers would be wearing them. I like them but prefer the independence of goggles.

A useful tip with goggles, when not needed, strap them to your upper arm, don't wear them on your head or they will get very misty
I tell the lads not to forget to dry them on the radiators. When skiing, I pull mine away from my face as I pick up speed, to clear mine.

I'm guessing one of those things that keeps your neck warm, like a snood
Deffo go out with a snood. Even better is one that converts to a full face balaclava, if it gets really ropey. When it's extremely cold and you are gunning down the shaded side of the mountain, even tiny bits of exposed skin start to sting.

I won't be on any mountain!

I'll pass the all of the advice on for youngblood's education :)

Thanks all

I'll pass the all of the advice on for youngblood's education :)
If you look at the picture below, you'll see we are all armed with balaclava type snoods. As are some of the other skiiers. All depends on the forecast that day. And if you have a camel-back or a rucky you can always shove stuff in there if it warms up.

It got very c-c-c-cold in Cana-dania.

Sponsored Links
Back