Skiming the ceiling with a loft hatch gap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm new to diy'ing and happy to try most things. However the one thing I'm reluctant to do is plastering so I'll get someone in :)

In saying that, we have just made our loft hatch bigger and now want to skim the ceiling and put some architrave around the loft hatch.

If you look at the picture there's quite a big gap on the right hand side.

Will a plasterer bond and plaster over this gap (approx 2 CMs wide and 1 CM deep) if you poke your finger in 1CM you'll hit some wood.

Or do I just get a bigger architrave?

I'm not sure what's best to do or best to suggest to the plasterer.

Thanks.

lofthatch.png

Sponsored Links
Looks like you can cut a strip of plasterboard and screw it to the wood then put your architrave over it

Last edited:
Thanks Steve.

Also just though; should I put the architrave up first then get the plasterer to skim or get the plasterer to skim up as close to the edges as poss and then put the architrave up?

Cheers

It dosent really matter to much but If that was me I would put architrave up first normally around doors and such I skim first but on this occasion I would architrave first

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back