skimming wall in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys - my kitchen had special kitchen and batroom paint....ive decided to get the kitchen skimmed...can you just skim over walls which have special kitchen paint on them ?...or do i need to rub the walls down ? ta......

Sponsored Links
the kitchen should be ok but the batroom might need some extra work ;)

the kitchen should be ok but the batroom might need some extra work ;)

Sonar and yet so far......

Goofy - is everything sound, paint is not flaking no mould etc.

What kind of paint is on it- a 'wipe clean ' or is it some kind of texture?

If everything is sound I can't see a problem with bondit(or Wikes Bonding Agent) and skim.

Sponsored Links
yes wipe clean kitchen paint...horrible color though...lol..everything is solid, some plaster has come off in some places, not big chunks just surface...should be ok to skim over though...kitchen paint i used years ago still fine no flaking or crumbling....my only concern is that in some places the plaster has sort of bubbled up and swelled up..ive tapped the area around it and it just came off the wall...only in a small section though so i took off what i could the was loose and bubbly..rest seems to be solid, i though it may be damp but underneath the plaster thats come off it is dry..i think this may have been due to the fact that this wall is north facing and the radiator was installed on the other side of the room..i understand that north facing walls are more cold....also it is an exposed wall on the outside thats facing north..where all the cold comes from..ill put the radiator on this side of the wall..instead of the oppsite side , where it is now...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back