Skipper 45 Dual Flush constantly running toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any experience with the Skipper 45 Dual Flush valve?

Ours started constantly running yesterday - not an overflow pipe issue - and when flushed again it sealed perfectly. Now back to leaking again … I’ve checked the seal and it looks fine although the mechanism inside seems to have a loose plastic disc above it which seems odd (see pic) - a similar model is on a YouTube video where the person says this is normal?

There also appears to be black debris coming from the inside tube also (see pic) so don’t know whether this might be contributing too?

Any quick fixes or am I best to get rid?

Thanks

Attachments

• 1B116E1A-A705-48FA-B99C-0F4B153D43BA.jpeg
    1B116E1A-A705-48FA-B99C-0F4B153D43BA.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 46
  • B12055CB-4352-443C-9686-647DC9EB5F5F.jpeg
    B12055CB-4352-443C-9686-647DC9EB5F5F.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 37
Sponsored Links
Replace the 'rubber' diaphragm washer/seal. They go stiff with age and don't seal as well/reliably. Just a few pounds.
Smear a little silicone grease on the parts to ease assembly disassembly. On the seal as well. That may help on the old one for a while.

I've just bought two for my Siamp Optima 50 units as one has started 'letting by' - but has mysteriously been behaving since the new ones arrived.

The inner tube is the overflow pipe?

I usually clean up the assembly as and when I replace the diaphragm. Even been known to clean up the cistern at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back