Skirting against stone, opinions and suggestions please

...or you mean you are not willing to pay someone who knows how to do such a job and pay him a fair amount.

No, I mean what I say. Only a couple of local carpenters/joiners and there is so much work for them they can pick and choose. Looks like I'll have to wait at least nine months for a stair-case ( two sets of winders. 275 rise)

i
would feel the need to give you a quick pow in the kisser i will let my emotions run free from the following

Why don't you save your histrionics for GD, otherwise it makes you sound so...................................................chippy.

Thanks for the suggestion on scribing etc but with the wall being as irregular as it is and my not being a professional., I don;t think I would manage a good result.

I think i'll experiment on a bit of wall that will later be covered and try smashing/grinding the points of the stones so I can recess a board into the wall with the outer-face flush with the wall.

It sounds o.k. but that was what I thought about the original idea until I tried it out.

Sponsored Links
I would chase out the stone to the height of the skirting then render it back to just below flush with the least protruding stone then fix your skirting to this.
Scribing into that lot is going to be a royal pain in the arse

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back