Skirting Board for external & internal non-90 degree cor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Amateur looking for help :confused:

I have installed some wooden tongue and groove and now putting the skirting in place. I started off ok but now encountered a bay window which has external and internal non-90 degree angles.

I have mitered joints so far and done ok for the 90 degree external and internal with an electric table saw.

Are there any tips for maintaining the mitered joints in these corners?

All advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Externals - get a folding rule and use this and a protractor to measure the angle and then half it. Subtract this from 90 to give you your cutting angle.

Internals (if close to 90) - cut a 45 on the show-face of the board, and use a coping saw or little jigsaw to cut along the profile created. This gives room for manouvre.

if you dont have a pretractor
take an offcut of your skirting/ruler or parralel sided bit off wood around 12" long

place place a bit off paper /cardboard into the corner lay the skirting flat into the corner draw a line along the outer edge reposition along the other wall draw another line 'draw a line between the corner and where the lines cross and thats your angle to cut
the wider and longer the wood the more accurate the angle

so just place the paper onto your mitre saw and line the blade up with the line
if your not shure your blade is set up properly cut an offcut and place on the paper and adjust accordingly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back