skirting height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to fit skirting boards in two bedrooms, my query is...how much of a gap do i leave below them in order for carpet fitter to fit carpets and tuck under. Cheers

Sponsored Links
tar - you don't leave any gap below the skirtings. Your carpet fitter should fit gripper strips (you know, those thin wooden strips with very sharp nails sticking up) around the perimeter of the room (and with a smallish gap to the skirtings). He'll then stretch the carpet over, and behind (into the gap) of the gripper; the sharp nails 'hold' the stretched carpet in position.

So fix your skirtings to lightly touch the floorboards.

OK, cool, cheers. Concrete bull nosed floors...UPSTAIRS too!. having to route out the bottom of the back side of skirting to get them flush onto new plastered walls. Either that or 1" x 1" batton between skirting and wall and really don't want that. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back