Skoda Fabia central locking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One plip of my key fob is supposed to only unlock the drivers door. Two plips, and everything opens up. The boot has its own plip button too.
But, one plip opens the drivers door and the nearside passenger door :confused:
Any idea why? Personally I couldn't care less - I'm just curious.
Have a good evening everyone
John :)

Sponsored Links
Those VAG (Volkswagon, Audi, Seat, Skoda) cars have lots of options which can be set by the dealer. I suspect what you mentioned is an available option which is just not enabled currently.

Thanks - I have had similar thoughts. It just seems a strange combination to unlock! I've had the car from new, (04) and I don't know if its done that since then. (Only discovered it has an alarm until yesterday, and still haven't tuned the radio in).
John :)

iirc vag-com or vag-tacho will be able to set it to whatever way you want the doors to open,also you can program the locks(on certain models)to lock automatically over a certain speed.

Sponsored Links
Yes my audi locks the door over about 10mph. I also know there is an option to automatically lock the boot over 5mph and to turn on/off the audible tone when setting the alarm.

Mine also appears to store different settings for different keys although the only thing I have found different between the two in the setting of the aircon. I assume there are other things otherwise it would be pretty pointless :p

Back