Sky Fibre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably not the most suited category for this question but I want to ask if anyone has Sky Fibre and do they recommend it?

I currently have TT but with Sky sales, can get Sky about £3 cheaper if its reliable. I'm NE England if that has any bearing on the matter.

Sponsored Links
I just ditched Sky albeit standard broadband, kept dropping almost impossible to contact them and if you did just try and make them understand you!

Gone with Plusnet (fibre to be fair) very much better, only trouble I had was my answerphone stopped taking calls seems they switch you to their messaging service as part of the deal.
I rang up spoke to a nice lady who understood every word and fixed it for me on the spot!(y)

Sky Fibre/ BT Fibre / TT Fibre......

I guess this is all using the Openreach network just like the BB services before it have....

Is this the infrastructure work that's going on at the moment? Recently a new 'cable' has been added to all the poles on our street & a new box fitted at the top of the pole. This new box isn't like the old traditional junction box & seems, looking from the ground, to have a series of 'teats' on it. I guess these are the individual fibre ports in preparation for connection to customers?

I have sky fibre.
Generally it works fine.
Like all ISP's there are the occasional issues.

Sponsored Links
Gone with Plusnet (fibre to be fair) very much better, only trouble I had was my answerphone stopped taking calls seems they switch you to their messaging service as part of the deal.
I rang up spoke to a nice lady who understood every word and fixed it for me on the spot!

There are good, aren't they? Humans at the end of the phone, all very helpful and they speak a variety of English too (South Yorkshire) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back