Sky or Virgin multiroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I understand for Sky multiroom you have to have each box connected to a phone line, even if this is on the other side of the house. Do you have to have a phone line connected to each box with the Virgin multiroom system?

Sponsored Links
We don't have a phone line to our sky box. It is only required if you wish to buy pay per view films / football / boxing etc.

Sponsored Links
I had considered multi room we can watch sky in all rooms using digi-eye but has to be same program. However it would seem there is no extra charge for using so many tablets on your sky account so my wife uses her Isomething wireless tablet to watch sky TV not only in her bed room but even on the bus from Chester to London so now can't see point in multi room for the odd time we want to watch two different pay for programs.

Only advantage with multi room would be if we could both watch different pre-recorded programs on the same hard drive which I don't think is possible yet.

I had considered multi room we can watch sky in all rooms using digi-eye but has to be same program.
That's not "multiroom". Multiroom gets you another Digibox and viewing card for a tenner a month. So you have two (or more) completely independent systems.

Thanks for the link, Sam. Sounds like I timed it just right. May be coincidence but they sent me an offer which is multiscreen for £2.50 a month for 12 months, free box and free installation, if I returned to multiscreen having previously had multiroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back