sky telephone connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
i have recently got sky and need to connect to a telephone socket unfortunately they all are miles away, therefore i had a cunning plan, that rather then running a wire inside the house i managed to run it outside and then into the house vi an existing telephone socket, i took the wire into the back of the tele socket and connected that way, it worked and i was able to buy the films from sky, however it made the internet run so slow we could not use it, so what can i do now, is their such a thing as wireless telephone plug? similar to TP link which by the way works fantastically or is there a way of having both working properly
help please
Ivan

Sponsored Links
When you got sky fitted the engineer should have connected it to your line....but tbh you dont need it connecting as sky will run perfect without it but maybe you do if you are paying for films sports ect....contact sky and they may send the engineer to connect it

Ideally you want a single filter at the master socket, and run the ADSL modem/router from that. It's well known that the vagaries of extension cabling (multiple branches, unbalanced circuit due to ring line) can ahve an adverse affect on ADLS speeds.

If you have one of those split-face master sockets, you can get a filter that replaces the lower plug in part. SOme of them have a pair of terminals on the back to allow you to run the ADSL line to somewhere else (separately to the filtered phone line), others only have the RJ11 socket on the front.

Sponsored Links
You can buy a kit that has two plugs (that plug into a normal mains socket). One has a lead to plug into the phone socket as well and this transmits to the other plug(s) turning them into phone sockets! You just plug your Sky phone cable into the spare plug and hey presto.

I used this to connect my Sky boxes to the telephone line. The only thing the wireless system does not transmit is broadband. Google wireless phone line, etc. About £30 for them. No setup, just plug and play.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back