Sky tv guide music too loud

L

longdogs

Anyone who has sky tv may have noticed that since the addition of the Christmas background music to the tv menu guide, the volume has increased four times the volume of the programmes.

The same thing happened last January when the Christmas music was replaced with the general music.

I just wanted to let people know that Sky are aware of it and are trying to solve the problem

What ever happened to vu meters?

Sponsored Links
I don't have Sky, but 'background' music being too loud is now a common occurrence on all channels, at least the ones I watch.

My belief is that, whilst technology has advanced apace, skills and professionalism have been lost.

Sponsored Links
I don't have Sky, but 'background' music being too loud is now a common occurrence on all channels, at least the ones I watch.

My belief is that, whilst technology has advanced apace, skills and professionalism have been lost.

Without doubt. We all have stereo cd players/radios in our cars but when do you ever hear a song in true stereo? The only one I have heard in recent years is Pinball wizard.

Anyone who has sky tv may have noticed that since the addition of the Christmas background music to the tv menu guide, the volume has increased four times the volume of the programmes.

Yes, my brother has Sky tv. When he went onto the menus, the music volume was ridiculous. Music now switched off - permanently.

Now, is there a way of sorting out the fact that he has 300 channels, and still can't find anything worth watching? :(

Now, is there a way of sorting out the fact that he has 300 channels, and still can't find anything worth watching? :(
Yep, cancel Sky and don't give Murdoch any more money.

Yep, cancel Sky and don't give Murdoch any more money.

My brother likes the sport coverage, but the rest of it is pretty hopeless. I can normally find the odd car programme, eg. Wheeler Dealers, but that's about it. And The Garage, but seen them all now.

We've only got Freeview at Whitespirit Towers. With what's on these days, the TV is on less and less.

If Sky is anything like the Freeview 'repeat' channels (everything except BBC, ITV and Channel 4), it would all be trash.

Very few TV companies make programmes worth watching these days, partly through a shortage of funds and partly due to the majority being run by amateurs who have difficulty in even broadcasting their pre-recorded rubbish correctly, and whose only aim is to make as much money as they can (from advertising) with the least possible effort.

All the good actors are either retired or dead.

So that leaves the numerous digital channels with no other choice but air either trash or advert trash.

Very few TV companies make programmes worth watching these days, partly through a shortage of funds

LOLWUT

"The UK television industry generated £12.9bn in revenue during 2013, an
increase of £426m (3.4%).
"

Very few TV companies make programmes worth watching these days, partly through a shortage of funds

LOLWUT

"The UK television industry generated £12.9bn in revenue during 2013, an
increase of £426m (3.4%).
"

Well I can only assume it goes on salaries and shareholders' income. It certainly doesn't seem to be spent on programmes.

Sponsored Links
Back