Sky TV.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a thought that struck me this morning. Any discussion about what an easy life criminals supposedly have always includes 'Sky TV' in the list of luxuries that the criminals have. Not just TV, but 'Sky TV', obviously the creme de la creme of luxury, on par with having their own personal masseuse in their cells with them.

Could this idea that Sky TV is such a luxury, to be coveted, (as opposed to a brain-sapping array of extra channels designed to frustrate you with its lack of any apparent quality) be being put about by, say, the Murdoch Press as a particularly devious bit of advertising ??

Sponsored Links
Would not consider Sky a luxury, more an aberration

As for it being available in Her Majesty's Prisons perhaps it's a way of brainwashing them...

Or even torture....

As for Murdoch, isn't he the anti-christ?

Interesting point that is.

I have heard one lots of occasions (regarding people who live on council estates and are perceived to be "signing on").

"they can't be that skint, if you drive up there they have all got SKY"

always makes me smile.

So in general i think that SKY is seen as a luxury.

Not by me though. I spend too much time on't tinter net to have time for SKY :oops:

Reminds me of the old gag:

"What do you call the little box that's attached to a satellite dish?"

"A council house!"

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
I don't have sky and if I had to sit and watch it every day, or any tv for that matter, I would consider it to be a punishment in itself. (I'll go straight, yer honour, please don't sentence me to daytime tv!).

I'm not surprised they have it in prison though, it's a bit like with kids - if you want to shut them up for extended periods, sit them in front of a screen.

There's only one good reason to have sky, free broadband! That is if you can get it, which I can't :(

Eddie M said:
There's only one good reason to have sky, free broadband! That is if you can get it, which I can't :(
Certain cable packages give you phone tv and broadband for much less than sky's "maxed out" monthly fee (with less channels, i know, but who actually watches them all). But we cant get cable. ***holes. :evil:

Cable, ha ha.

Our village was only connected to mains gas and sewerage a few years ago. Expensive hobby villages.

We can't get channel 5 :eek:

and mobiles tend to have no signal, not that thats a bad thing ;)

RF Lighting said:
We can't get channel 5 :eek:

and mobiles tend to have no signal, not that thats a bad thing ;)
turn your aerial around

and buy a new phone

:LOL:

(seriously, i had a S-E T610, and O2 signal was weak. Upgraded to K750i and i get full signal all the time.)

I have just got sky + ,
its excellent, Fantastic 1st rate unbroken picture quality
Touch wood , I havent had to reset the reciever yet ,for those in the know ;)
an dont know why I hadnt had it before , the wife easily prerecorded all her soaps while we were away an the hardisk is full off hours of it ,

Sponsored Links
Back