Skymaster Ladders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Am considering investing in some of these ladders.

The sort that make a big stepladder and then the third piece extends out from the stepladder.

http://alloyaccess.net/ladders-for-...s/zarges-skymaster-combination-ladder-trade-6

I'm not overly confident with heights but need to be able to get up to gutter height and we have a gulley that keeps blocking. Also have a narrow access down side of house - can't use a regular ladder there as the angle is too steep

Does anyone have experience with using these? Are they as stable as everyone says?

Sponsored Links
Yes I've got a set though a smaller set than those.
Zarges make good stuff. And quite stable also.

For going up through a suspended ceiling at height that design is the best.

I ain't an expert but just make sure that the most stable version has the height that you need.

According to the specs on that link;

2-Part Ext. Length (m) 3.00
3-Part Ext. Length (m) 4.10

I'm guessing that the 2-part bit is what is in the picture which. given your (justifiable) concern re working at height, means that the ladder will only go up to 9ft, which may not reach your eaves.

Happy to be correct by those who are more ladder-knowledgeable than me, tho!

Sponsored Links
Zarges are good, but like any steps, they can be quite unstable if you're working side on.

Properly footed or tied off, and they will be ok.

Ah - That's more like it, and so it should be for another £100 :)

It's a lot - but I'll save that much on decorators and not having damp from blocked gutters - hopefully!!

Good post about tying off the ladders - it's for my house, so I could put up some eyes at regular intervals to hook onto

One of the earlier posts said

'properly footed and tied'

I've put blocks down at the foot of a long ladder before to stop it slipping - is that what you mean by footed?

If so - how would that work with a stepladder?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back