Slab pour, does this sound ok?

Sponsored Links
The mini heatwave is not your problem. If your 'builder' wasnt smart enough to have retarder in it or well enough prepared with enough men to pour a slab in hot weather he should have waited.

****ing it up with extra water is going to leave a very weak surface and the finish on that slab is awful. It will bea headache to clean and maintain and have a shortened life due to water sitting and freeze thawing in the holes and low spots.

I can understand a trowelled slab going a bit tits up with a poor finish in hot weather as it takes much longer after tamping and levelling to get it finished but It doesnt even look like they managed to get finished tamping and screed it flat which is pretty poor??

It looks like they poured it with no dpm underneath and so it lost water far to quickly, wasn't just the heat unless it was a very big area or he was very under staffed.

As for the solution? I assume this is the worst spot in one corner where they got to last rather than lots of it being like this? Its up to you but I would either agree a decent chunk of discount or tell him to break it up and do it again. It looks like a diyers attempt at his first concrete pour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back