Slate Gravel to cover front lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, newbie to the forum but does anyone know roughly how many of the large builder bags(1 ton) I will need to cover a front garden 6 x 4 x whatever depth I need. I am going to dig up my mother in laws lawn and she wants low maintainence with slate/gravel and a circular slab arrangement. I am unsure what is the recoimmended depth to go down before putting the membrane down and covering it. Its well compacted, been left there for donkeys. Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
General rule of thumb ton bags cover roughly 11 sq m @ 2" that should be deep enough, so you would have surplus even @ 3" depth. Ask if the supplier does smaller or self fill bags

Just to note to say that if you are calculating it then a dumpy bag from a builders merchant is normally only 850kgs and not a ton. I was caught out a couple of times a while ago as I couldn't work out why I didnt have enough - until the merchants pointed it out!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back