sliding door don't

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
the other day I went to open one my wardrobe doors only to be greeted with a refusal. Took a while to get it to slide back but since then it's been a real PITA! I've no idea what's gone wrong but if you look at the picture I think you'll see that one end has dropped, well, judging by the rub mark at the at the top of the door. Is this something I can attended to or do I need to get someone in?

Cheers

Char
PS...these doors are solid and heavy!

Attachments

• Door 1.JPG
    Door 1.JPG
    408.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Door 2.JPG
    Door 2.JPG
    434.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Door 3.JPG
    Door 3.JPG
    435.7 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
I'm not an expert on wardrobe doors but it appears to have lost one of its runners. The screw that is hanging down from the channel should be attached to the top of the door to take the weight and help it slide smoothly.

My doors only have guides on the top hedge of the door, with rollers taking the actual weight fixed to the bottom of the door. The rollers are adjustable for height - might your adjustment have slipped?

Looks like a henderson type runner.

You should be able to remove bottom retaining blocks and lift the doors up,and out of the track.

Sponsored Links
Hi all, thanks for the replies. Took a few more pics the other day as still not able to remove or work out how to fix door.
Cheers
Char.

Attachments

• Left side.jpg
    Left side.jpg
    881.7 KB · Views: 37
  • No floor guides.jpg
    No floor guides.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Door 3.JPG
    Door 3.JPG
    435.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Right side.jpg
    Right side.jpg
    677.3 KB · Views: 37

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back