Sliding Door Recommendations

O

overlandrover

Hello again, everyone.

I have an internal cupboard door aperture measuring 1200mm. It used to hold two overlapping leaves, top hung on a two-track sliding mechanism. These doors were old, cheap and nasty, and the sliding door gear was nothing to write home about, so it all got trashed.

We've recently bought two solid MDF veneered doors to replace them, and had the intention of hinging them to give a larger opening and a flush appearance from the outside.

However, there's a whole host of problems and issues that mean we can't hinge them, so we're going to revert to overlapping sliding doors.

Does anybody have any experience or recommendations for particular brands of sliding door gear? I'd prefer a top hung system so I don't have to drill or cut too much into our new wooden floor.

I'm willing to pay extra to get decent equipment (I'm considering SDS London, Sugatsune, Hafele) so any recommendations on these or anything else from B&Q etc is welcome.

Thanks
overlandrover

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back