Sliding patio door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So had a patio door fitted in the summer. Noticed a puddle on the inside during a thunderstorm with driving rain today. Had a look to see where it was coming from and noticed two weep hole slots in the inside. There are weep holes in the channel but any water that reaches the end of the channel will make its' way out of these slots.
Has the door been installed inside out?

Attachments

• 20221023_164238.jpg
    20221023_164238.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20221023_164230.jpg
    20221023_164230.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 55
Sponsored Links
No, I reckon it's been installed the correct way. Your (very) close up pics give forum members a great overall view of the installation in its entirety.

Manufacturers have started to put the weep holes inside as opposed to outside for environmental reasons, primarily to prevent sea levels rising.

I'd leave it as is ...

Sponsored Links
That distinctly looks like it is the wrong way round to me . Did you request for the sliding door to be on a particular ' track ' ? ( eg inside track / outside track )

Back in the late 90s they started putting the sliders on the inner track on inline sliders for security more than anything else but drainage was always always outside, without clarification from the OP and assuming the sliders is on the correct side then I can only imagine its been made to the incorrect handing and to get the slider on the correct side they've flipped it around, a tell tale giveaway is which side the screws on the handle are, should always be inside and if they're on the outside then it's been flipped around and handles left as was

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back