Sliding Patio Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

We moved into a house in the summer and for some reason the lock/handle set on the patio doors is upside down. So locking/unlocking is done in reverse. You also put the key in upside down, which is a PITA.

Can I just literally flip the door over vertically, and adjust the lock set on the frame? Would both side of the door be stormproof?

Sponsored Links
depends where the drainage is and which side its glazed from really, maybe thats why it is that way now? because of these reasons? maybe, pics?

I've had a look and the exterior panel says LUXGUARD II on it, but the internal doesn't. Guess I can't flip it vertically then.

I would guess on order, they chose the door to slide right to left, then on installation changed their mind to have it left to right, which meant rotating the whole thing, frame included, 180 degrees.

For the pictures, anything specific I need to focus on?

concentrate on the bottom frame when open, the lock/ handle, and the whole door from in/out

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a can of worms this :confused:

You say the key is upside down, i say which way is the right way up, for example euro profile cylinders(pvc doors) have the points/ridges facing downwards yet yale locks(wooden doors) have them facing up, just saying like!

Pictures would help though

I mean the cylinder. To me, the right way up is when the jagged part of the key faces down. So the cylinder has the bigger part on top.

On mind the jagged part faces up, with the bigger part of the cylinder on the bottom!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back