Sliding style patio doors width ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not the Bi-Fold type just the regular sliding/gliding 2 panel door units...

Are there any "standard" width specifications ? or does it vary from manufacturer to manufacturer ?

(UPVC material)

Sponsored Links
Its usually double the width of a standard single door give or take then upwards from there, 1.8m for a 2 panel in-line slider right up to and beyond 4.2m for a 4 panel

Why?

Because i'm replacing an old conservatory with an extension, creating a sunlounge/room .... and on the plans i've had drawn up, right now it's indicating normal out swing type doors, now while i know it doesnt matter what's fitted in that respect, if the opening in the wall is or needs to be bigger, i need to make sure it doesnt affect the structural side of things in relation to the roof and fitting.

To be honest, i thought it might be the same width, but just wanted a couple of second oppinions on the "norm" ... i know obviously i can specify wider if i wanted.

1.8m 2 panel slider sounds about right

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back