Sliding Upvc door stuck!

Crg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a sliding upvc patio door stuck shut. Lock operates and handle works but has 'deadbolts" top and bottom, top one disengaged out of hole in frame but bottom one stuck in frame hole. Can hear the metal rod loose against frame inside if you tap down lower half of door frame. Think it's either snapped off from rest of lock or worked loose. Problem is I cant open door only top half will "tilt" over quarter of an inch. Any help appreciated....

Sponsored Links
You can try lifting the door (with help they are heavy) there used to be a dodge used to break into them simply lifting them up pulling forward out of the channel and dropping down. Now most doors hav had anti lifting blocks fitted now to stop this, but it is worth trying in case yours has not.
The suction pad holders can be a big help when handling patio doors.

This sort of tool.
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/suct...V-pxAE73EhMCjUoKUvhoCYGYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Cheers but only moves up half inch not enough to pull it out bottom plus deadbolt/metal rod still in hole stopping it moving out

Can you see any of the lower bolt from the inside of the property? If yes, I'm wondering if there's any way you could push something like a screwdriver in to prise the bolt up enough to get the door open?

Sponsored Links
Cant see it from inside or out. Thinking I may have to drill an opening from inside and lift it from there then once doors open I can remove mechanism and fix it....hopefully

Very long shot but any chance of a large magnet on the frame snd try to slide the bar up.

Magnet would be a good idea! But just sorted it, drilled hole and pushed bar up with small screwdriver. It screws into lock mechanism in middle of door had come undone I screwed it back in. All working as it should again just a small hole to patch in door. Cheers for the suggestions. First pic it bolt at bottom second pic where it screws into lock
20210326_101210.jpg
20210326_101152.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back