Sliding wardrobe doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Making myself a built in wardrobe in my bedroom and would like some sliding mirror doors. The ceiling height is 2350mm and width space enclosure will be in is 1770mm max (including the new partition).

Doors are listed at 2220x910mm, so height isn't a problem as they will be almost full height but the length is. Do I simply buy 2 doors and even when they are closed there will be an overlap?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
yes

the overlap will annoy you as you will be unable to reach into the middle easily.

Have hanging stuff in there (no drawers and avoid shelves if you can)

I’ve have installed 2 sets of Stanley sliding doors very recently; they are good but the supply network (from Stanley) & availability of styles & sizes seems to be extremely patchy for the DIY market; some suppliers are quoting just ridiculous prices! Having installed some 900mm white glass units (B&Q) I wanted a pair of ebony (black gloss?) glass units 750mm wide (Stanley do make them) but the only place I could find who stocked them was in Wales & they would not deliver outside their locality or allow your courier to collect; they have obviously had many enquiries & problems with breakages! In the end I settled for a pair of plain white doors (Homebase).

It’s a bit of a mystery to me why Stanley make it so difficult for DIY to access their full range, they must be loosing a fortune in sales! Try Google, you may have more luck than I did & if you do, please let me know. ;)

Just to add, 3 doors on a 1500mm opening may look rather silly!

Sponsored Links

i'll ring them on Monday, thanks. Are they reasonable on price?

Went and had a look at Stanley ones in B&Q and Homebase. Both had a rubbish stock. Homebase had no brochures left and the woman said they hadn't had any in months because Stanley were changing their product range. Neither mentioned a gloss/coloured style door, so it'd have to be frosted.

Harveys did have a black/mirrored two door wardrobe that looked ok so I may go for a custom made black + mirrored coming in at around £300.

683292-2-door-(-1-black-glass-panelled)-(1-mirrored)-185cm-slider-robe.jpg

flynnmr This thread is 3 years old unless your spamming :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back