Bedroom Sliding Doors - Ceiling Height basics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

want to install several bedroom sliding doors across a 4-5m space.

ceiling height circa 2350mm and standard door height 2220mm or thereabouts.

being a complete novice, can anyone advise how to address the gap between the max height of the door and the ceiling? do i construct a false section?

incidentally being an old house there's a slight variation between height from one side to the others 1-2 cm.

is it worth paying to have the job done professionally?

any info or guidance would be great

Sponsored Links
YOU will need to see fitting instructions ,its probably going to involve building a timber frame and fitting it level and plumb you'll need a good long spirit level or laser level

YOU will need to see fitting instructions ,its probably going to involve building a timber frame and fitting it level and plumb you'll need a good long spirit level or laser level

god i hate diy...

who can i pay to get to do this..

thanks for the reply though...

Sponsored Links
You either buy the adjustable brackets from the place that sells the doors, or you fix a bit of timber to the ceiling and then fix the track to this.

Then you just hang a door, plumb it down and then fix the bottom track

You'll need a carpenter or general builder (one man band normally). Not any old Joey though, ask for specific experience with these or internal joinery.

Simple timber across to support upper track which can be hidden behind mdf or trim.The sliding door tracks accommodate floors which are out by as much as 30mm so not a problem.
I used mdf to hide the metal track on mine as I think it's ugly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back