Slight current on metal dishwasher casing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved house and re-installed a dishwasher (SMEG) that seems to be working fine.

I however felt a slight tingle on the cabinet so the exterior steel cabinet. measured and found a small voltage on tinspected further only to find earth terminal had come loose during removals.

This has now been replaced, and the dishwasher still works fine.

I plugged in to check and there was no voltage when the appliance is plugged in and switched on. There does however seem to be a slight voltage on the cabinet when the appliance is turned off.

Can't see any obvious loose connections. Any suggestions/advice as to cause and remedy?

Sponsored Links
Just moved house and re-installed a dishwasher (SMEG) that seems to be working fine.

I however felt a slight tingle on the cabinet so the exterior steel cabinet. measured and found a small voltage on tinspected further only to find earth terminal had come loose during removals.

This has now been replaced, and the dishwasher still works fine.

I plugged in to check and there was no voltage when the appliance is plugged in and switched on. There does however seem to be a slight voltage on the cabinet when the appliance is turned off.

Can't see any obvious loose connections. Any suggestions/advice as to cause and remedy?
I would check for reverse polarity at the socket feeding the appliance & then further downstream. If single pole swiych at socket you could be only switching the neutral instead of the live.

Sponsored Links
Back