Slight problem re heating & hot water if you can help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question if you can help please.........

I have got a really old boiler, hot water tank, gravity fed system.

If I have the heating come on on its own the house is lovely and toastie, if I set the water to come on on its own it heats up the tank in half an hour, but if I have both come on together then I have luke warm rads and luke warm water?

I have got my pump on number 3, the tank stat at 65 degrees, what is going wrong? Is it just becuase I have an old system?

I hasn't been an issue since we moved in a couple of years ago, but we have had our first child recently and as I'm sure you can imagine heating and hot water is imperative now :(

Cheers

gilford

Sponsored Links
What boiler? How many rads? Whats the boiler thermostat set at, not the one on the hw cylinder?

What boiler? How many rads? Whats the boiler thermostat set at, not the one on the hw cylinder?

Its an old oil boiler, I cannot find a brand on it. 10 rads fed off it and the thermo is set at 80 if I recall correctly?

Thanks for the help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back