slim back washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just been told I can buy slim back washing machine so I don't have to have on intergrated or a freestanding one which you can see, i can buy a slim one and fit a cabinet door across been looking online for slim one anyone know where they stock them they all seem the regular size.

Sponsored Links
never heard of them, except dishwashers.

what size do you want?

where did you hear of them?

some fella told me I could get one when I was asking about intergrated washing machines being a headache I didn't want a freestanding one you could see and he said why don't you get a slim back one and put a cabinet door over it .. so I just looked and cannot see any

these were mentioned in 2010

"Hoover and Candy have launched a collection of slim-depth washing machines designed to fit into shallow spaces.

The washing machines have a slimmer 40cm depth but still claim to be able to pack in 6kg or 7kg capacity washing drums – making them ‘the largest capacity slim depth models on the market’, according to the manufacturers.

Conventional usually range in depth from 55-70cm."

• Hoover OPHS612 6kg washing machine: £249.99 (was £329.99) at Currys.
  • Candy GOFS262 6kg washing machine: £239.97 at Tesco.
  • Hoover OPHS712DF 7kg washing machine: £332.49 at Comet.
  • Candy GOFS272 7kg washing machine: £323 at EmpireDirect.

Sponsored Links
just saw one at argos I will have to check measurements it saying 41.5cm depth I will have to look at the space

Problem is they still require 600mm wide space so with 18-20 mm carcass each side a standard door at 596 mm will not hide them.

so how would I address this problem, bigger door, I had a man from b&q measure up for units for an intergrated machine, would I be wrong in assuming I could just tell him I have changed this to a slim depth machine and hope he could alter the units doors at his end...

integrated machines are not the same size as freestanding machines.

What are the dimensions of the machine you are looking at?

if you have an amenable fitter I suppose it might be possible to push a machine into a 600mm gap and then fix battens to the adjacent units for the door to shut against.

you will have a much greater choice, and a better machine for your money, if you choose an ordinary freestanding machine and get used to the look of it.

49467961_10218653414189674_3649030899313410048_o.jpg this is how it is. . the machine is getting moved over to the far left, getting rid of the little cupboard in corner and having 2 doors under sink, because I am not getting the units till summer and because I need absolutely everything new for this kitchen I was hoping to break it down a bit by buying all the new appliances beforehand so I thought I could by the slimback machine and he could change it, he has already given me the plan for the intergrated one, which I have heard it can come with its problems fitting I was hoping he could adjust it for me, I am absolutely hopeless at things like this no idea. A man who has done work for me before is fitting it but I don't want to bother him with all this I was trying to sort it meself first and just let him his job. I would really like it all fitted behind doors as it looks much better the machine dominates the kitchen at the moment. thanks in advance for any info.

There is only one realistic option here - if you want it hidden behind a door, then get an integrated machine. That's what they are designed for.

You can't put a normal machine in a 600 space because as already pointed out, there won't be anything to attach a 600 door to - and adding extra bits to the sides will be a fail as well, because you won't be able to open the detergent drawer on the machine - virtually all machines have the detergent drawer at the edge of the machine and any frame for the door hinges will get in the way.

Putting a shallow machine further back is also a fail for the same reason - you won't be able to get anything into the detergent drawer as it will be underneath the worktop when open. You can't put the machine further forward to avoid that either, as normal machines have the door and usually controls sticking out a significant distance from the front.
Integrated ones have a totally flat front and avoid that problem, the decorative panel door is fixed to the machine itself.

It would be possible to have a larger space and have two doors on the front such as a 300 and 400, or two 400s, but that wastes space and is only an option for a full height unit with a tumble dryer on top of the washer, because if under a worktop the same problem occurs with the detergent drawer being inaccessible.

thank you very much, this pretty much wraps it up for me, intergrated it will have to be.. (y)
happy new year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back