Slim Sightlines - Rehau, Kommerling, Veka or Liniar?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there much difference in how slim the sightlines are using casement windows with the brands below?

Rehau
Kommerling
Veka
Liniar

When looking at the frame from outside, I'm wondering which will have the slimmest appearance, or perhaps there's little difference?

Thanks! :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks!

I'm going to get casement windows with one of these brands. Simple white frames.

Any comments on which one to opt for? For example, in terms of strength, how plasticy they look etc. Prefer them not to look plasticy.

I think the Rehau profile only has 3 chambers, whereas other profiles nowadays seem to have 5.

Thanks!

I'm going to get casement windows with one of these brands. Simple white frames.

Any comments on which one to opt for? For example, in terms of strength, how plasticy they look etc. Prefer them not to look plasticy.

I think the Rehau profile only has 3 chambers, whereas other profiles nowadays seem to have 5.

When you say 'casement' do you mean like this eurocell modus system?

Sponsored Links
Thanks!

Well, it wouldn't be that colour, just white.

Really, what I mean by casement, is just that they aren't sash.

Just something like this Rehau 70mm frame.

http://www.hartwindows.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/REHAU-Edge-Window-600-500x500.jpg

Liniar and Eurocell are my personal favorites (mainly for the look/molding) I normally go with Liniar for the price and because they are a UK company.

Reinforcing is something added by the manufacturer and normally only on doors, Large windows or colored windows.

Reinforcing is something added by the manufacturer and normally only on doors, Large windows or colored windows.

Is there any benefit or alternatively a negative aspect to having reinforcing in non-coloured windows of 850mm x 1700mm?

Not particularly, Normally they would reinforce from 1800mm+ I believe on a white window.
If the height was getting on for 1100-1200mm as well as being 1700 long then I would expect some reinforcing.

The steel reinforcing that most company's use can actually reduce the thermal efficiency of the window.

Thanks!

Well, it wouldn't be that colour, just white.

Really, what I mean by casement, is just that they aren't sash.

Just something like this Rehau 70mm frame.

http://www.hartwindows.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/REHAU-Edge-Window-600-500x500.jpg[/QUOTE]

All the Rehau profiles can be fabricated in either a 62mm or 52mm slim outer frame. The one pictured is the slim outer frame (52mm) used mostly on A Rated windows. We supply and install Rehau, please message me if you require any info

All the Rehau profiles can be fabricated in either a 62mm or 52mm slim outer frame. The one pictured is the slim outer frame (52mm) used mostly on A Rated windows. We supply and install Rehau, please message me if you require any info

Thanks very much DHFrames!

One thing I just wanted to ask the forum about the profiles I have shortlisted i.e. Rehau, Kommerling, Veka and Liniar, do any of these look less 'plasticy' than the others? I'd be getting plain white frames.

I did see a Halo frame, and, in my opinion, I thought the aesthetic was a bit plasticy in appearance. Possibly because I thought it looked brighter or shinier than the white Rehau frame which I also saw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back