Slim Sightlines - Rehau, Kommerling, Veka or Liniar?

Thats why I personally like Eurocell and Liniar (basically the same moldings), in my opinion they just look and feel like the nicest windows.

No offense to DHFrames (good chap by the way and as hes in your area its worth getting a quote from him). Rehau and most of the other brands are all solid makes and there is nothing wrong with them.
I have fitted most makes of windows and it is just a personal preference thing, Everyone has their favorites.

To be honest as a home owner most people wouldn't notice the suttle differences but when your a fitter you tend to look closely at peoples windows as you pass houses.

Just for comparison heres a pic of recent Liniar and then a Eurocell window that I have fitted (both with dummy sash's).

IMG_5877_zps49911613.jpg

IMG_8366_zpsaed178e3.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is that a new one? I must admit I haven't fitted a Rehau for about 4-5 years but back then I wasnt all that keen on the molding. Don't know why it just didn't look or feel as nice to me.

Do you have a pic of a recent one?

Never fitted the Rehau Edge, customer's never requested it, think it came out last year or poss year before.
We've had to match existing windows a couple of times before which were sculptured but we opted for Eurocell

Sponsored Links
Hi - I'm in a similar dilemma, has any views changed on Kommerling? Are they better than Rehau? I keep reading everywhere that is is all about the installation that's important. How will anyone esp a home end user even know whether the install is any good or not?

Looking at some local installs is just as good as going to a dodgy garage selling a dodgy car nicely polished.

Lots of people keep saying this but the truth of the matter is that even the home owner is likely to be as clueless but will bang on about how lovely they look and how clean the workers were. It says nothing about BS kite standards or how it sits well. The only way you can tell if it's a good install is if a qualified person analysed it.

Really. So you are going to pay someone to go and look at someone's else's Windows before you buy. Surely going to look at the finished product is the best way to go and with regards to bs and kite marks you would find it hard not to find a supplier that supply's the correct items

You've misunderstood me. What I was trying to say, was that to an untrained eye, a home user like me would be unlikely to notice much difference in an installation. It just goes with the territory like any profession.

I agree, looking at installs already completed helps, and I've already seen several, but to me they all look good, where as you might know more and think both visits I've done, you wouldn't touch the company with a barge pole.

Please see the pic below. Left item is Rehau and right is Kimberling. Can anyone pls confirm based on the profile, whether one is stronger or better than the other....I don't know the technical terms to describe all the ridges and grooves etc. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back