Slimline kitchen units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can buy these? I've got a tiny (5t wide) galley Kitchen and normal depth are too big for a run on both sides. We've chopped the backs off our old existing ones, but now we want to sell and need proper new units (abit wobbly when you hack them around).

I've thought of using top cupboards as base units but then they are too narrow! We need something in between.
Cheers
Erica

Sponsored Links
Hi Erica,

I've not heard of 'slimline' units before, but that doesn't necessarilly mean that they don't exist!

One thing you might want to consider (depends on budget, if you intend staying a long time etc.) why don't you get a few prices for a bespoke kitchen to be made?

Keep the design as simple as possible, this will greatly affect price. A customer of mine had one built (huge kitchen!!) and looked absolutely stunning and was of comparable cost to an off-the-shelf kitchen after fitting was taken into consideration. And the quality difference spoke for itself.

Just make a few tentative phone calls to get an idea, you may be pleasantly suprised.

Good luck.

Done one for my friend in a tiny room,I used a wall unit instead of base unit.Make a bottom base plinth then fit wall unit on top with worktop on top to whatever width you want.Wall unit are normally 300mm in depth.You could have it on both side of the wall and should give a gap of 900mm floor area.I believe you can also get slimline kitchen sink as well.

I remember FMI used to do standard 600's and used to do 450/500's so someone out there must do them now

Sponsored Links
Scoby_Beasley said:
I remember FMI used to do standard 600's and used to do 450/500's so someone out there must do them now
I think you'll find it now made to measure as it's in now low demand.

Thanks for your ideas,
I've found a company online called Arena which supplies reduced depth base units at exactly the right depth I'm looking for (and it's not as pricey as I thought).
Erica

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back