Slipped concrete tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a few flat concrete tiles which have slipped out of position due I presume to the nails rusting away. As you cannot re-nail these tiles back in place due to overlying tiles, I believe the standard fix is glue them back in position. Can anybody advise me of the best adhesive to use.

Many thanks in advance…..

Sponsored Links
glue is a shoddy fix, post a picture as there is only one concrete product that i can think of that relies only on nails

Hi,
I've uploaded a pic of the slipped files for your info. These are the tiles without nibs to hold them in place.
Any help gratefully received with regards to a repair.

Attachments

• P1000347.JPG
    P1000347.JPG
    313.7 KB · Views: 706
Hi,
Can anyone identify this type of tile, are they clay or concrete and will they have nibs on the back to hold them in place??

Sponsored Links
Concrete, looks like they have slipped off one nib and slewed round..you can try lifting them back onto the battens.

Many thanks for your response. Maybe a blob of gripfill or something will prevent them from rotating towards the valley in future?

Just expanded the pic and can see clearly they have slipped off the batten..looks like about 7.
Try reseating them , see how they sit and how tight they are to get in.

Take them all out and you should be able to get a nail in them all barring the last one...gripfill that.

Hi,
Thx,
If this was fixed professionally what kind of money would you be looking at? (in Croydon south London)
thx

OP,
You've got concrete plain tiles, and each tile has two nibs.
The tiles should be double nailed at all roof edges.
Small cut tiles edging the valley are typically holed to give two fixing holes - the cut tiles are screwed not nailed.

Tile and a Half tiles are available and work well when cuts are required - but they are often not used because of a little more expense per tile and a half.

You are probably best using valley tile clips - Danelaw SS Valley Tile Clips are available but expensive, however there are other brands or you can customise your own clips from simple plated brackets. Always screw them on.

FWIW: the tiles are disturbed, kicked up, to the upper right side of the valley.

Slip them out and the tile next to them.
By taking the tile alongside out will enable better fixing options especially on the last cut one..
working from the bottom slipped cut fix them back by nail or screw.. 30 mins job once you have access

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back