Slippy Decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
'ello!

I need to put a path down in the garden - we've thought about a wooden set of steps.

I did notice, in my parents house; their decking can get slippy when wet.

Any ideas as to how to stop this from happening? The path would run down an incline, in steps.

Other than applying grip-tape or similar, is there a coating or other wood? Does the tanalising make this a 'feature'?

Sponsored Links
PE said:
You can get anti slip type coatings such as http://www.woodcaredirect.co.uk/product_detail.cfm?ID=2200. No idea how good they work. Although found the Hicksons wood oil to be great on hardwood deck

Wood decking when wet does get slippery and I wouldn't personally chosse this for a slope or steps
Hi just built my deck and on the wood steps i used a product called safe step it comes in a can and u just spray in on the steps and it works great you can get it from cromwell tools

what about paint or varnish it, then sprinkle a layer of sand on it?

tanalising is to stop the wood from going rotten too quick

Sponsored Links
if its properly maintained it shouldnt get slippy. It only tends to happen when its got a coating of dirt or algae

Well a bit over the top or is it? Then again at least you won't break your neck!

Anti-Slip Stair Tread which is design for wooden step

KEY%20ANTI%20SLIP%20STAIR%20TREAD%20%201132K029.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back