Sloping floor & stud wall partition.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a stud wall which appears to have been built straight onto the timber floorboards and caused them to dip/bow causing a slope on the floor of the bathroom next to it. There is no wall directly underneath downstairs and I believe the joists run in parallel to the wall. Some movement a while back may have caused this as there is a crack in the back external wall attached to this stud wall. I am in the process of getting my bathroom done and have asked the builders who quoted me to fix the slope and they just want to use levelling compound to make the bathroom floor level again which may leave a small sloped step when walking in. I have had 4 bathroom fitters/builders say the same.

Any advice ? will this solution start cracking if the wall continues to dip ? I wanted it fixed properly with a long term solution as I plan to live here 15 odd years having just bought a year ago. Is there a way to support this stud wall or fix it to bring the floor level for the bathroom & bedroom either side without rebuilding the living room ceiling underneath ? what would be the best way and what would it cost approx inclusive of materials & labour. Thanks All in Advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back