Slotted fence posts

• Thread starter Captain Nemesis
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
I had slotted timber posts installed last year (went with Jacksons), really happy with it, looks much neater than the standard panel fencing I had before and definitely significantly stronger - although that may have more for going with heavy duty Jacksons fencing than the usual cheap stuff (I got tired of panels blowing out every time it got windy!)

I have concrete posts and gravel boards.
They won't blow over unless the end of the world comes.
They won't rot either.

concrete

as above

and once you have dug out the concrete blob under a broken wooden fencepost, you'll know why

you can paint them dark brown to blend in with the fence strain if you want.

Sponsored Links
Having priced up good quality panels vs good quality T&G boards vs reclaimed scaffold boards, Im sorely tempted by the last of those. (I need about 32m of 2m high, and 42m of 1.2).

Subject to going to look at some and see how they are IRL.

Concrete would probably be a better colour match than timber...

Couple of others things to consider...fence panels rattle about like anything in concrete posts although I'm sure you can get something to hold them still, and from a security point of view would probably want to do something to avoid panels being lifted out easily.

If I lived in a new build I would probably consider getting concrete myself, but just didn't think it looked right having a garden full of concrete in my old house - concrete fencing can look a bit grim!

Couple of others things to consider...fence panels rattle about like anything in concrete posts although I'm sure you can get something to hold them still,
I envisage strips of wood driven into the gaps.

and from a security point of view would probably want to do something to avoid panels being lifted out easily.
Thats actually not a real concern. Depending on some positioning details yet to be decided there will either be only a short stretch accessible from "outside", or none at all accessible to anybody not already in a neighbours garden and therefore able to hop over the 1.2m stretch.

If I lived in a new build I would probably consider getting concrete myself, but just didn't think it looked right having a garden full of concrete in my old house - concrete fencing can look a bit grim!
Im not thinking of having concrete boards, only posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back