Slow Cold Water (Baxi 105e)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently the cold water has been very, very slow - this in turn results in very slow hot water (which is provided by our combi Baxi 105e boiler).

Location wise we're in the East Midlands hence there isn't hard water (a possible cause I thought).

I can understand the hot water being cold if the pressure is low (which it isn't) however this is effecting the cold water specifically and hence having a knock on effect on the heating and speed of hot water as well.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Low cold water flow should have no effect on your heating.

Did the problem occur suddenly or has it got worse over time?
Has any work been done to the main in your area recently?
Are all outlets affected?
Are your neighbours also experiencing problems?
Have you upset anyone who might have subsequently turned your stopcock down as a prank?

does cold tap still come out at normal rate

Nope, cold water is very slow also.

Low cold water flow should have no effect on your heating.

Did the problem occur suddenly or has it got worse over time?
Has any work been done to the main in your area recently?
Are all outlets affected?
Have you upset anyone who might have subsequently turned your stopcock down as a prank?

Its happened pretty suddenly (over a weeks period really), no work in the area as far as I'm aware, all cold taps are affected including the outside tap, no chance of anyone touching the stopcock.

Sponsored Links

Are you on a water meter?

have you got kids or had them round and stop tap on show
if so give turn see if it opens

Neighbours aren't experiencing any issues as far as I'm aware.

No one has access to the stopcock without having to move the dishwasher so no real chance of the issue being as a result of that.

Sounds like its an issue on the way into or just outside the property.

dishwasher take it out check the stoptap posibly cuased the problem with viabrating and turned stop tap or knocked the rubber off inside

Neighbours aren't experiencing any issues as far as I'm aware.

Have you actually asked them or are you just assuming they aren't experiencing the same issues because they haven't told you they are?

No one has access to the stopcock without having to move the dishwasher so no real chance of the issue being as a result of that

Have you checked your stopcock in the road, which is the one I was referring to earlier?

Sounds like its an issue on the way into or just outside the property

I agree, and if you could possibly answer all the questions I ask we'd make progress much more quickly here...

So, have you got a water meter? If you have, turn off your indoor stopcock then go out and look at it. Is it still turning? If you haven't, turn off the outside stopcock then open your kitchen tap. What happens?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back