Slow computer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My pc is too slow. I want to increase speed without replacing component or buying any thin. Can I download any software from internet to increase speed of pc. I tried as well

Sponsored Links
do a defrag on your main drive also disc clean up on the same drive,could be adware slowing it download demo versions of adware remover too see find them from google search

My pc is too slow. I want to increase speed without replacing component or buying any thin. Can I download any software from internet to increase speed of pc. I tried as well

Some more details about your computer may help.
Size of RAM
Size and how much is used on Hard drive
Operating system (XP, Vista or what?)

Go to -> Start -> Run -> type MSCONFIG in the box -> OK
Click on Startup tab and make a list of all the programs that start up when you switch on.
Check out the items here:
http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm
There will be a lot that you do not need to start except when you occasionally use them, so untick them in the list and then reboot your PC. A window will appear at start up telling you that changes have been made, just tick the 'don't show this message again' box and close the warning.

Download Diskeeper Lite from here:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1207
& run it.
It is a better free defragger than Windows.

That is just a start.
Come back with the details and let us know if it is a 'little' faster.

Sponsored Links
Delete unwanted files, clear your temp files and internet cookies - also perhaps increase virtual memory.

Download CCLEANER from the web, its free and cleans all the crap out and all the unused registry stuff...its a good bit of freebie software.
You can also use lavasoft adware removal, does the same but i dont thinks its as good

to dp a poper clean disconnect from the net, turn off restores, do your defrag and clean ups, reboot then turn restores back on
;)

NEVER turn off System Restore when doing defrags or security software scans even if you have a virus or adware or spyware to get rid of.
If anything goes wrong, at least you have a restore point to go back to and start againg. But if SR is turned off and a scan goes wrong you would not have a point to restore back to.

http://forums.vnunet.com/thread.jspa?messageID=833172&#833172
The System Restore Volume is not a file as such and trojans don't hide there. The System Restore Volume is a series of system snapshots. If a computer is infected with malware at the time a restore point is made, it can reinfect the machine only if the Operating System is rolled back to an earlier restore point. Malicious files which are detected in this volume are not "active" though and cannot reinfect the computer during normal use. Running Anti-Virus software while System Restore is disabled has no bearing on procedures either as once you dump the restore points, the infected snapshots are gone. Two minor points but worth mentioning as it's a common misconception.

He mentions nothing about the machine or the o/s. Not a lot of point giving any advice until he does.

Sponsored Links
Back