slow draining shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's the situation. Property is on the 6th floor of a high rise. Bathroom sink drains fine. Toilet flushes fine. But the shower tray has never drained quickly, over the few years my mum has lived there it varies from draining reasonably fast to very slow. I've put down drain clearing liquids over the years and sometimes they help, sometimes they don't. Plunger does nothing. I don't want to try and force a drain clearing pipe thing down there as I'd have no way of getting into the pipework if I broke something! Tiled everywhere.

Part of me suspects the issue lies nearer the main drainage pipework for the block i.e. that'll run down from top to bottom, however I've no way of getting into that either.

Without doing anything invasive, can you guys think of anything else I can try to get this thing draining more quickly? I usually buy this stuff but I'm wondering if there's something more powerful that is still suitable for plastic pipework?:

Scotch Corporation Heavy Duty Liquid Drain Opener 1 Litre: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Would the baking soda and vinegar solution be worth a try?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back