Slow flow of hot water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a ground floor flat it is all electric. There is what I would call a hot water cylinder in a hallway cupboard it has two heating elements fitted. On the top is a loose lid with a ballcock for the cold water inlet.
The problem is when I turn on the tap of the sink unit in the kitchen I only get a trickle of hot water from the tap. The tapmis only a few inches lower than the hot water pipe leaving the cylinder.
What's the best way to get a good flow of hot water.
I do not new hot for the shower as its an electric one, but require hot water in the hand wash basin in the bathroom.
I

Sponsored Links
What type of taps are they?

eg screw down / quarter turn?

If you plan to stay in your flat for a while I would consider putting in an unvented cylinder, you wont get a decent flow rate from your existing setup, have the incoming flow and pressure checked before doing anything.

Sponsored Links
Taps are two screw type with central spout.(is it monobloc)...not sure. Not a plumber.
Cold water would nock you over if you turned it on fullThanks for the info will have checks done as suggested.....many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back